Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nature Healing

Can contact with nature relieve stress and anxiety, and help us to heal? As for me, it appears that it can, even when I am in the loosest way. For instance, passive contact with nature, like when I look at the sunset, ocean, waterfalls, beaches and lakes.


Plitvice Lakes National Park


Mirror Lake, Yosemite Valley




Sunset at Pigeon Point, Tobago, Caribbean




The Blue Lagoon, Fiji




Redang Island, Terengganu


So, with all the efforts to alleviate stress; from gym and yoga to anti-stress pills, maybe the key is as simple as a garden. In fact, from my own experience even a little bit of nature seems to make a big impact.

Hidden path at Plitvice Lakes National Park


Therefore, I would take every chance to go to nature places so that I could minimize, or at least buffer the stresses of my everyday life.
Now that's what I call nature healing.

No comments: