Monday, January 26, 2009

Accept Me the Way I am

We want people to accept us, it is a fact of human nature.

I wish they would only take me as I am.....quoted by Vincent Van Gogh. These words have reminded us how many times we have wished for someone to accept us as we are.

We dream of the total acceptance whether from families, partners or friends, to accept all our faults, weaknesses and still support us in the same way even after knowing the truth.
In most of us, there is always something in us we don’t particular like about ourselves.

Well… nobody’s perfect anyway!


Some times we can’t help but keep the personal side hidden even to our partners. We are so afraid of negative sides to ourselves and we do not like the thoughts of someone else not accepting them scares us to death.

So, this is it. If you ever want to be the real you with another person, then you may have to put up a risk.. Accept that you cannot please everybody, open up our mind on accepting other people's weaknesses and spend more time with those who love us the way we are.

It is all up to us to decide. To be totally accepted as the way you are.


I excerpted this song phrase from Demi Lovato which somewhat portrayed me...


I've always been the kind of girl

That hid my face

So afraid to tell the world

What I've got to say

But I have this dream bright inside of me

I'm gonna let it show

It's time to let you know

This is the real me

No more hiding who I wanna be

This is me

Do you know what it's like

To feel so in the dark

To dream about a life

Where you're the shining star

Even though it seems

Like it's too far away

No comments: